Location: Arab Gulf Region (UAE or Saudi Arabia preferred)
Job type: Full time
Position Overview: Al-Monitor, a trusted and award-winning independent source of Middle East news and analysis, is seeking a Gulf Correspondent to cover political and business stories in the Gulf region that are increasingly central to global trade and geopolitics. You will write daily articles, analyses and features on a variety of topics including regional news, geopolitics, economics, finance and other private-sector activities. The ideal candidate will build a broad network of sources and provide analyses on changing dynamics within the Gulf region. You will report directly to our senior editors in Washington.
Your core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing: Authoring written articles on a daily basis covering the most important news developments in the region. Submitting additional weekly articles analyzing geopolitical and business trends in the region, and covering the most in-demand stories.
- Newsletter support: Assisting with content aggregation and occasionally writing for the weekly newsletter.
- Data collection: Compiling data and liaising with our designer for the production of infographics.
- Minimum of five years of experience writing on the Gulf region, with a demonstrable portfolio of articles, knowledge, news and analyses.
- Familiarity with the political and business environment in the region.
- Fast-paced work ethic, quickly turning around content for publication.
- Must be located in the Arab Gulf Region; UAE and Saudi Arabia are preferred.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus but not necessary.
Qualified candidates should send a CV and samples of published work to email@example.com with “Gulf Correspondent” in the subject line.