Location: Middle East and North Africa
Job type: Full time
Position overview: Al-Monitor, a trusted and award-winning independent source of Middle East news and analysis, is hiring a Regional News Editor. The ideal candidate will have a strong news judgment, excellent writing abilities and be able to work with our journalists to produce timely coverage.
- Identify news stories and coordinate with other editors and journalists across the region to stay on top of coverage.
- Write brief daily news stories on timely topics.
- Manage and source contributors that provide reporting, features and analysis from across the Middle East.
- This position requires stamina, working in different times and sometimes weekends, depending on the news cycle.
- Knows the MENA region, the political, economic, and societal trends.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or relevant fields preferred
- 4+ years of relevant work experience; digital experience preferred
- Strong news judgment and copy-editing skills
- Ability to switch gears between several different news events on a given day
- Ability to write quickly and follow our style and standards of news reporting
- Ability to communicate effectively and have strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Arabic is preferred
The position reports to Al-Monitor’s senior news editor and managing editor and offers a competitive compensation package and benefits.
Qualified candidates should send a CV to email@example.com with “Regional News Editor” in the subject line.