Location: Washington, DC
Job type: Full time
Position Overview: Al-Monitor, a trusted and award winning independent source of Middle East news and analysis, is seeking a Congress Correspondent to cover stories focusing on the Middle East as a member of the Congressional press corps, and fill in on other beats such as breaking news and the White House as needed. Your core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing: Authoring articles on a daily basis covering the most important Congressional developments related to the region. This includes reports, committee hearings, and bills that pertain to the Middle East.
- Newsletter support: Assisting with content aggregation and occasionally writing for a weekly newsletter.
- Breaking news support: Coverage of breaking news as it relates to Congress and the Middle East.
- Data collection: Compiling data and liaising with our designer for the production of infographics.
- Other support: Providing editorial support such as copy editing and fact checking.
- Demonstrable portfolio of published news and analysis on Congress and the Middle East region.
- In-depth knowledge of Congress; experience with the Middle East preferred.
- Strong analytical skills & ability to identify the most important developments in Congress.
- Fast-pace work ethic, quickly turning around content for publication.
Qualified candidates should send CV, include links to recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Congress Correspondent” in the subject line.