Location: Any GCC (Gulf) country, Dubai preferred
Job type: Full time
Position Overview: Al-Monitor, a trusted and award winning independent source of Middle East news and analysis, is seeking a Business Correspondent to assist with the expansion of our business, economy and technology coverage across the region. You will write daily articles on a variety of topics, particularly economics, capital markets, M&A, venture, entrepreneurship, cyber, AI, energy, finance and other private sector activity; build a broad network of business sources across the region; assist with our weekly Business & Technology Newsletter; support with data collection and design; and contribute to weekly articles targeting our premium subscribers. You will report directly to our Business Editor and work closely with our Managing Editor.
More details on your core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing. Authoring written articles on a daily basis covering the most-important business developments in the region. Submitting additional weekly articles analyzing key business trends in the region and covering the most in-demand stories.
- Newsletter support. Assisting with content aggregation and occasionally writing for the weekly newsletter.
- Data collection. Compiling data and liaising with our designer for the production of infographics.
- Other Support. Providing editorial support such as copy editing and fact checking; identifying new business contributors across the region
Requirements that candidates should meet include:
- Demonstrable portfolio of articles, news and analysis, on the Middle East and North Africa region.
- Familiarity with the business environment and tech ecosystem in the region.
- Strong analytical skills & ability to identify the most important and in-demand business stories in the region.
- Fast pace work ethic, quickly turning around content for publication.
Qualified candidates should send a CV and with any story ideas to email@example.com with “Middle East Business Correspondent” in the subject line.